Down in Nica…
by Travis Pickell
For the next 2.5 weeks I will be in Nicaragua. I will be leading two trips for ORPHANetwork. The first trip will be with the Williamsburg Community Chapel to Casa Bernabe Orphanage outside of Managua. The team coming is huge, about 100 people! It should be an amazing trip. After one week with the Chapel trip, I will go to the airport and pick up my lovely bride, Sarah. She will join me for the second trip: a group from California called Faithful Stewards. We will spend that week at a hurricane refugee camp, church, and community called Nueva Vida helping to run the feeding center there.
Needless to say, I will not be posting anything until we return. In the meantime, please note the following prayer requests:
– Safe travel to and from Nicaragua, and safe travel within Nicaragua
– Health of all team members, students, and volunteers.
– Pray that God will be working in the hearts of those on the trip. Pray that they will catch a vision for how God can use them to love our Nicaraguan neighbors.
– Effective and efficient use of funds. No surprise expenses.
– Pray that God’s love would show forth in all of our interactions. Pray that deep, meaningful relationships would be built between the team members, the orphans, the community members and all with whom we come into contact.
– That Jesus’ name would be made known and glorified.
Thanks friends! Will send out an update in mid-July!
Love and Peace,
Travis and Sarah